This article was updated on 08/04/21; the final hospice rate increase was incorrectly reported when this was originally posted.
On Thursday, July 29, 2021 the FY 2022 Hospice Wage Index and Payment Update Final Rule went on display on the Federal Register website for public inspection. It will be published in the Federal Register on August 4, 2021. All regulations will take effect on October 1, 2021.
- The final hospice rate increase for FY 2022 is 2.0%.
- The final hospice cap amount for FY 2022 is $31,297.61.
- Technical changes and clarifications to the election statement addendum were finalized.
- Two 1135 waivers were made permanent.
- Hospice Care Index finalized.
- Updates on the HOPE Assessment Tool were detailed.
- Hospice CAHPS® Star Ratings finalized.
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services offers a summary of key provisions, effective October 1, 2021, available on the CMS website.
Members of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization will find a comprehensive Regulatory Alert and State and County Rate Chart available on the Regulatory Medicare Reimbursement page of the website.