The International Children’s Palliative Care Network (ICPCN) introduced delegates of the 2nd Congress on Paediatric Palliative Care taking place in Rome to their NOW Campaign in celebration of their 10th year anniversary. They have planned a number of exciting celebrations and activities throughout the coming year and beyond and invite everyone to support them and participate in these events and activities wherever you are in the world.
How can you be a part of the NOW campaign?
- Become an ICPCN member in order to stay informed and become part of our international network of individuals and organisations. Membership is free and joining is simple. Click here to join.
- The event to officially launch the campaign will take place in Taipei at the Asia Pacific Hospice Conference from 30 April – 3 May. Celebrations will include a ceremony where Chinese lanterns are released into the night sky. Everyone is invited!
- Every 2 weeks they will support the release of one short ‘Little Stars’ movie on children’s palliative care, produced by Moonshine Movies. Sign up to receive notification of the films on the Little Stars website then SHARE, SHARE, SHARE!
- A full length ‘Little Stars’ feature film will be released at a Red Carpet Event (to be announced) and will then become available to purchase. You can host a screening in your part of the world to raise awareness of children’s palliative care and funds for your organisation. To find up more and sign up for alerts, go to: www.littlestars.tv
- ICPCN will run a ‘10 Things about children’s palliative care’ social media campaign throughout 2015. You are asked to like their Facebook page and help spread the word by sharing with 10 of your friends and asking them to share with 10 of their friends, etc. Members will be invited to submit their ideas for the ‘10 Things about children’s palliative care’ posts.
- Support the NOW campaign on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram by posting a picture of yourself holding the NOW logo and a message about children with life limiting conditions. The campaign hashtag is #nowcampaign
- The NOW campaign will culminate at the 2nd ICPCN International Children’s Palliative Care Conference to be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina in May 2016.
- Keep up-to-date with everything that is happening and the ways in which you can offer support during the campaign by visiting the NOW campaign website at: www.icpcnnow.com
Joan Marston, ICPCN’s Chief Executive said, “All children have a gift of living in the present moment, the NOW, but for children with palliative care needs their now becomes even more precious as their future is so uncertain. The name for this campaign reflects not only the urgency that exists to increase access to services for the more than 20 million children around the world facing conditions that would benefit from palliative care, but is also a call to all governments and policy makers not to hesitate a moment longer to act in the best interests of these children.”