The report highlights key accomplishments and advancements in palliative care across Africa through APCA’s activities over the year. To illustrate the report’s theme of partnership, a collage of stakeholders frames each section of the report which covers: awareness, integration, evidence and sustainability.
Key features of the report include:
- An interview with APCA’s outgoing executive director Dr Faith Mwangi-Powell
- An infographic map on palliative care integration on the continent. The map includes data for 17 countries categorised by education, policy, service provision and drug availability.
- Quotes from international stakeholders responding to the question: ‘How does partnership address patient needs in Africa?’
- An overview of the African Palliative Care Research Network’s establishment and initiatives.
- Publications from the APCA resource library, available to download from the APCA website.