Hospice Clinical Nurse Educator
Part-time, 30 hours per week. 22.5 hours Education to be worked over 3 days per week, Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm. Some flexibility will also be required in order to meet the needs of the service.
7.5 hours Clinical (to be kept under review) to be worked 1 day per week flexibly in order to meet the needs of the service.
Salary: North Devon Hospice Pay Band 6
Are you passionate and committed to empowering others to deliver excellent palliative and end of life care? We are looking for an enthusiastic committed team player to work with the palliative care Education Department and clinical teams at North Devon Hospice.
North Devon Hospice believes that high quality clinical education and expert practice is central to excellence in palliative and end of life care. In order to facilitate this we believe in empowering staff in all care settings to develop their knowledge, skills, competence and practice. As a member of our Education team, you will work to deliver a comprehensive, and expanding, internal and external education programme.
In support of North Devon Hospice’s strategic objective to be the centre of excellence for End of Life Care education in North Devon, the role of the Specialist Palliative Care Nurse and Clinical Educator will include:
- To provide expert educational support to the Head of Education using the National End of Life Care Strategy, Five Priorities of Care, and the Ambitions for Palliative and End of Life Care as the benchmark for developing excellence in end of life care.
- To work with the Education team in the provision of the accredited Six Steps End of Life Care programme.
- To work with the Education team in the provision of the NCFE Level 3 End of Life Care Certificate in partnership with Petroc.
- To work with the Education team in the provision of outreach end of life care education across the North Devon healthcare community.
- To support the Head of Education in provision of training for hospice staff in the development and maintenance of skills and competency levels. This includes delivering professional End of Life Care training to staff within the hospice.
- To support nurses in the hospice in their clinical role to maintain their clinical competencies.
- To provide holistic care for patients and carers with palliative end of life and specialist palliative care needs within the hospice and community setting.
This post is subject to an enhanced level check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For informal discussions please contact:-
Dr Murray Fletcher, Medical Director
Tel: 01271 344248
Ms Mezzi Franklin, Head of Education
Tel: 01271 347205
To apply for this post please download an application pack from our website using the following link: http://www.northdevonhospice.org.uk/aboutus/workwithus/current-vacancies/hospice-clinical-nurse-educator.ashx
Closing date for completed applications is noon on 2nd September 2016.
Interviews will be held on 16th September 2016.