Salary £21,165 – £25,632 (37.5 hrs)
St Luke’s is a non-profit making organisation, funded by voluntary contributions and the local Care Commissioning Group. We offer treatment, care, advice and support to many seriously ill people and their families every year. We have an In-Care unit, a Day Hospice Unit, a Complementary Therapies for Health & Well-Being Clinic, a counselling team, social work team, lymphoedema team and also a medical team that works across the Hospice. The Hospice building itself is a base for the well-established Education Unit for Palliative Care, Cheshire Hospices Education.
This post requires an individual with proven experience of fundraising through the development and organisation of major events as well as the ability to offer a fresh approach bringing new ideas to generate significant income for St Luke’s.
The Senior Events Fundraiser will be responsible for a designated budget to use on developing and organising events to raise significant funds for the Hospice. These will range from mass participation events such as our renowned Midnight Walk, Strictly Learn to Dance and the annual Santa Dash to engagement of our supporters with local fundraising events. In addition the successful candidate will bring a fresh approach and new ideas to this challenging role in order to enhance our event profile.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant proven experience of organizing major fundraising events in the charity sector
- An innovative approach to fundraising, bringing fresh ideas and exciting new concepts the will generate significant income
- A proven ability to manage an entire event from conception to delivery bringing on board team members and volunteers and ensuring the event is sustainable
- The ability to manage their own budget and control costs for organizing events
- Excellent communication skills at all levels both within and outside the organisation, working with colleagues and volunteers with enthusiasm and confidence and creating sustainable relationships
- An ability to effectively use social media for developing and marketing events and maximizing contact with donors and event participants; ability to effectively use the web-site for effectively marketing events and engaging supporters and volunteers
- A friendly and outgoing personality and the ability to build and sustain relationships with major donors and supporters
- An energetic approach and a willingness to work during evenings and weekends
- Excellent IT skills including the use of the MS Publisher and Powerpoint and the ‘Raisers Edge’database
How to apply:
For a copy an application form and job description please e-mail Diane Eeley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01606 555686.
Closing date: 7 March 2014