National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization is proud to welcome seven new individuals to the organization’s Board of Directors. The full NHPCO board will meet for its first meeting of the year on January 22, 2020.
Joining the NHPCO board for three-year terms are:
- Peter Brunnick – Hospice and Palliative Care Charlotte Region, Charlotte, NC
- Tarrah Lowry – Sangre de Cristo Hospice and Community Care, Pueblo, CO
- Sarah McSpadden – The Elizabeth Hospice, Escondido, CA
- Robert Parker – Intrepid USA Healthcare and Hospice at Home, Carrollton, TX
- Joseph Rogers – Hospice of Humboldt, Eureka, CA
- Nick Westfall – VITAS Healthcare, Miami, FL
- Judy Wooten – Arkansas Hospice, Little Rock, AR
The board’s 2020 executive committee is comprised of:
- Chair, Gregory Wood – Hospice of the Ozarks
- Vice-Chair, Norman McRae – Caris Healthcare
- President, Edo Banach – NHPCO
- Secretary, Raphael Sciullo – Empath Health/Suncoast Hospice
- Treasurer, Brian Jones – SHARE Foundation
- At-Large, Regina Bodnar – Carrol Hospice
- At-Large, Melinda Gruber – Caring Circle
- At-Large, HAN representative, Angela Sells – AseraCare Hospice & Palliative Care
“I welcome the new members of our board of directors who bring a range of talents, experience, and insight to our organization as we work to lead person-centered care,” said Edo Banach, president and CEO. “NHPCO is fortunate to have such dedicated professionals on our board who represent a wide range of organizations across the country that vary in size and structure, serve urban and rural areas, and are committed to ensuring access to high-quality interdisciplinary care that is offered by hospice and community-based palliative care programs.”
“Additionally, our board is working with our many committee and council members, external stakeholders, staff and wider membership towards our shared vision that will expand access to a proven person-centered model for healthcare—one that provides patients and their loved ones with comfort, peace, and dignity during life’s most intimate and vulnerable experiences,” Banach added.
NHPCO extends special thanks to those board members who concluded service in 2019: Jeanne Dennis, Joan Harrold, Suzi Johnson, Jan Jones, Michael McHale, and Dave Williams.
A list of NHPCO’s board of directors is available in the “About NHPCO” section of the organization’s website.
To learn more about hospice and palliative care or to find a provider in your community, visit NHPCO’s CaringInfo.org website.