The Journal of Pain and Symptom Management is the official professional journal of National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization. JPSM, published by Elsevier, is a highly respected journal in the field of hospice and palliative care with a readership that increasingly extends to the broader medical community.
Here are original articles in the October 2018 issue:
- Extended-Release Morphine for Chronic Breathlessness in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension—A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Study
Diana H. Ferreira, Magnus Ekström, Dimitar Sajkov, Zac Vandersman, Danny J. Eckert, David C. Currow.
- Fan Therapy Is Effective in Relieving Dyspnea in Patients With Terminally Ill Cancer: A Parallel-Arm, Randomized Controlled Trial
Jun Kako, Tatsuya Morita, Takuhiro Yamaguchi, Masamitsu Kobayashi, Asuko Sekimoto, Hiroya Kinoshita, Asao Ogawa, Sadamoto Zenda, Yosuke Uchitomi, Hironobu Inoguchi, Eisuke Matsushima.
- Cryotherapy Relieves Pain and Edema After Inguinal Hernioplasty in Males With End-Stage Renal Disease: A Prospective Randomized Study
Fei-Ran Zhang, Yang Zheng, Li-Jun Yan, Chan-Shan Ma, Jun-Tian Chen, Wei Li.
- Terminally Ill Cancer Patients’ Concordance Between Preferred Life-Sustaining Treatment States in Their Last Six Months of Life and Received Life-Sustaining Treatment States in Their Last Month: An Observational Study
Fur-Hsing Wen, Jen-Shi Chen, Po-Jung Su, Wen-Cheng Chang, Chia-Hsun Hsieh, Ming-Mo Hou, Wen-Chi Chou, Siew Tzuh Tang.
- Effects of Caregiver and Decedent Characteristics on CAHPS Hospice Survey Scores
Layla Parast, Ann Haas, Anagha Tolpadi, Marc N. Elliott, Joan Teno, Alan M. Zaslavsky, Rebecca Anhang Price.
- Quality of Communication and Trust in Patients With Serious Illness: An Exploratory Study of the Relationships of Race/Ethnicity, Socioeconomic Status, and Religiosity
Heather Coats, Lois Downey, Rashmi K. Sharma, J. Randall Curtis, Ruth A. Engelberg.
- Appropriateness of End-of-Life Care in People Dying From COPD. Applying Quality Indicators on Linked Administrative Databases
Robrecht De Schreye, Tinne Smets, Luc Deliens, Lieven Annemans, Birgit Gielen, Joachim Cohen.
- Drugs Used for Euthanasia: A Repeated Population-Based Mortality Follow-Back Study in Flanders, Belgium, 1998–2013
Sigrid Dierickx, Joachim Cohen, Robert Vander Stichele, Luc Deliens, Kenneth Chambaere.