The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is offering a webinar on Thursday, August 19, 2021, from 8:30am to 10:00am PDT (11:30am – 1:00pm, EDT) on Trauma Informed Care. Registration is open for this free program.
Presented by: Quy Tran, MD, Medical Director, Hospice and Palliative Care
Hosted by: CHAPCA and Veterans Community Partnership
- Frank Yapp, VA Chaplain
- James V. Pierce, LICSW, Yreka VA Clinic
- Angela Araneta, Psy.D. Primary Care Mental Health
- Nancy B. Smith, M.Div, BCC, Clinical Chaplain, Martinez, VA
- Jennifer Fallman, MSW, LCSW, Social Worker, Hospital in Home Program, VA Sacramento
- Jessica Langston, MD, Hospice and Palliative Care, VA Sacramento
- Chelsea Miller, LCSW, MPH, Social Worker, Hospice and Palliative Care, VA Sacramento
- Quy Tran, MD, Medical Director, Hospice and Palliative Care, VA Sacramento/Martinez
- Ann Soloway FNP-BC, Hospice and Palliative Care, Sacramento, VA
- Deborah Larson, RN, Hospice and Palliative Care, Sacramento, VA
- Lee D. Sasse, LCSW-PIP, Suicide Prevention Program Manager
About Trauma Informed Care
The California Hospice and Palliative Care Association and We Honor Veterans, in conjunction with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), has expanded their grant-funded work to include efforts aimed at providing telemental health services to Veterans, including a pilot triage mechanism to screen referrals to VA’s PTSD Consultation Program, and administering a competitive bid process in which thirteen state-wide partner organizations have been selected to receive funding for the Trauma-Informed Care for Veterans on Hospice Initiative.
This initiative has been mandated by Congress to support efforts to improve access to key resources and services available from the VA and to disseminate key training on trauma-informed care as provided through the We Honor Veterans program.
CHAPCA is working with the Dept. of Veterans Affairs to offer a free program. As a participant of this program, CHAPCA will:
- Facilitate Veteran-specific training on PTSD, Moral Injury, and suicide prevention;
- Implement structured hospice protocols and guidelines specific to the provision of trauma-informed care;
- Pilot a triage mechanism within We Honor Veterans to screen referrals;
- Promote access to VA telemental health services;
- Share programmatic ideas.
Please note, this program is 8:30am to 10:00am **Pacific Standard Time** – Please Submit your questions via the registration link. The panel will be taking questions during the live event.