Since it was launched in 2009, the True Colours Trust Small Grants Programme has awarded over 160 small grants to organisations across Africa to support palliative care provision and access for children and adults with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions.
To mark the 10th anniversary of the Small Grants Programme for palliative care development in Africa, the True Colours Trust is collaborating with the African Palliative Care Association (APCA) to launch a short film/video competition for prior grantees.
Judging and prizes:
Films/videos will be assessed by an international panel. The winning organisation will receive:
- A grant of £5,000 towards the work of the organisation – only organisations which have previously been awarded the True Colours small grants may apply;
- The opportunity for one member of staff from entering organisation to attend and present the work of the organisation at the 6th International African Palliative Care Conference to be hosted by APCA and the Ministry of Health of Rwanda in September 2019. The award will include travel and accommodation costs.
Some of the films/videos may be shown at the APCA conference in September 2019 and on the Small Grants website, the APCA website and the True Colours Trust website. There may also be an opportunity to share experiences with a wider audience through a workshop session at the conference.
The deadline for entry is Wednesday 3rd July 2019.
Submitted films should demonstrate one or more of the following:
- How your organisation provides good patient care
- How your organisation uses a multi-disciplinary team approach to meet physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of patients
- How your work overcomes contextual challenges
- How your organisation uses resources or equipment to improve patient care
- How your organisation supports children or young people
- How changes to a building or room have improved the patient experience
- How you increase access to palliative care in rural areas
- How your organisation meets the needs of the most vulnerable
- How you ensure quality care
- How your organisation has worked effectively in partnership with others
- How your organisation has improved its services through training of health care workers, volunteers and/or family members
- How your organisation is ensuring sustainability of palliative care services.
How to enter the film/video competition:
- Choose your subject / subjects and record a short film (no more than three minutes).
- Obtain permission from all those featured in the film that their image may be used. People featured in the film should understand that the film may be shared online and shown to an international audience at conferences. Please complete the permissions form for each person featured in the film.
- Complete the entry form.
- Submit your entry to APCA using Google Drive, using this instructions document.
- Ensure your entry is submitted by Wednesday, 3rd July 2019.
“The work of local palliative care providers is vital as our nations work towards providing Universal Health Coverage, where palliative care is a core component alongside promotive, preventive, treatment and rehabilitative care. Help us to celebrate the contribution that you all make to the provision of palliative care,” cites the Trust’s newly launched small grants website.
To visit the new website or to get more information about the short film, visit: http://africasmallgrants.truecolourstrust.org.uk/
Leave a Reply